What Should Be Done To Take A Divorce From An Indian Citizen Who Came To Australia On A Tourist Visa?

I am Australian citizen married to an Indian girl who came to Australia on tourist visa. The religious ceremony was held in Australia but its not registered. My question is whether divorce is possible according to Australian law or Indian laws.

Posted 1 year ago  |    0  | 
Divorce & Alimony,Family Law
Divorce & Alimony Family Law

2 Answer(s)

Rashi Gahlaut

As I understand after marriage with you your wife also becomes an Australian citizen. If this is so you may seek divorce as per laws of Australia.Please check under local laws if Registration of marriage is a must in Australia.

Ravindra Purohit

First of all it matters that you want to file for divorce in Australia or India and what documents you have for the same? Under which rites and ceremony you got married? You may please get it touch with one of the lawyer so that the proper advice can be given accordingly.

Top Family Law Lawyers In India

Have an urgent need? Talk to a lawyer directly.

Need Free Legal Advice?

Find, consult & hire best advocates in India in a few clicks.

Need Legal Agreements?

Create affidavits, contracts etc. online, within minutes.