Where Do I Lodge My Complaint In A Case Where Clothes Are Damaged By The Dry Cleaner

I am currently in Pune on a business trip, I had given one jacket and a suit for dry clean to a local dry cleaner for laundry purposes. While returning, dry cleaner mentioned there was an acid bottle accidently dropped during dry cleaning on my jacket and the entire jacket is damaged.Similarly on the suit, the entire lining which was in white color has patches of red color. I have receipt from the dry cleaner. I shall be returning to my base location shortly, Is there anything I can do for my consumer rights, from my base location.
Posted 1 year ago  |    0  | 
Consumer Protection
Consumer Protection

2 Answer(s)

Rashi Gahlaut

Please involve some local acquaintance to be your witness and resolve it locally with the shopkeeper, so that shopkeeper gets you a replacement. If your business partners/associates are influential and are willing they can help you. Try and see if you can record your representation to the shopkeeper. If the shopkeeper has admitted the lapse, he can come forward to settle the matter amicably.

Ravindra Purohit

File a complaint before consumer forum and claim the price of damaged cloths and compensation towards mental agony and harrasment.You need not to attend forum on each and every hearing date since the trial lof consumer cases are in summary nature so your presence is not required.

Need Free Legal Advice?

Find, consult & hire best advocates in India in a few clicks.

Need Legal Agreements?

Create affidavits, contracts etc. online, within minutes.