Filing Case For Redressal In A Consumer Court For Mishandling A Vehicle

I purchased a car (Maruti 800 std.E-II) from Harrison Automobiles ltd., panipat on 06.01.2001. The car had problem of gear slipping since purchase. Maruti Udyog ltd. and Harrison automobiles ltd. acknowledged the defect but refused to replace either car or gear box assy. The appeal was filed in consumer court and court gave the decision to replace the gearbox assy, but both the parties appealed against the order and 'State Consumer Dispute redressal Commission, Haryana' vide order dated 14.02.2012 dismissed their appeal(1739/2002). Harrison Automobiles asked me to get the gear box assy replaced as Maruti has supplied a new gearbox as per court order. The gearbox assy was replaced in April'12 and on trial it was observed that gear shifting is very hard but Harrison automobile assured that as this is a new gearbox it will smoothen within 2-3 weeks. But even after six months and my continuous complaint to Harrison Automobile, they acknowledged that the newly fitted gear box has some defects and to make its operation smooth, some parts are to be changed. Harrison Automobiles vide Job card no. JC 12009968 replaced the defective parts of gearbox assy and charged Rs. 1960.00. Now I request your goodself that I am suffering (Mentally/physically and financially) for last 12 years due to supply of defective car in 2001 against my hard earned money and again supplied defective spare against respected court judgment. How & where can I file the complaint/case in the court of law to reprimand Maruti Udyog ltd. as well as Harrison Automobiles for my sufferings for the last 12 years. The Maruti udyog limited claims full satisfaction to customers and this claim by Maruti udyog limited should be withdrawn from their advertisements. They should either refund me the money I paid for purchase of a new car with interest or replace this defective vehicle with new one as a penalty against delivering of defective vehicle at 1st instance and again replacing with defective spare.
Posted 2 years ago  | 
Consumer Protection,Motor Accident
Consumer Protection Motor Accident

2 Answer(s)

Ravindra Purohit

The defective gear box has been replaced as per orders passed by consumer forum . other defective parts have been replaced .the issue of refund of your money does not arise . nor re you entitled to a new car.

Rashi Gahlaut

You can file a fresh complaint against opposite parties before consumer court along with all the detail.

Get Advice From Top Experts In India