Can A Person Approach A Consumer Court In A Situation When He Was Not Refunded The Money For The Kitchen

I had bought a modular kitchen from a vendor in August 2012 for 3.6 Lakh. The kitchen was to be imported from Italy and according to the agreement signed, it was supposed to be delivered to me within 120 days. I finally received the kitchen in end of March 2013 , i.e. 7 months (210 days) after paying them in full. To my surprise the colour of the kitchen is not the one that I had finally agreed to in the agreement signed. And also the finish quality is the cheaper one, whereas I had opted for the higher quality. I have all the details on colour, quantity and finish quality included in the agreement signed. I discussed with the vendor and he agreed to pay me 68000 Rs. as refund because of their mistake.I have all email proofs. Now it has been 4 months since the vendor promised me to make the payment, but has not paid yet. I am planning to go to the consumer court, I know it will take long time, but am willing to wait. Can someone please help me in understanding, what documents should I collect as proof and what is the best way to approach this case ?
Posted 1 year ago  |    0  | 
Consumer Protection
Consumer Protection

2 Answer(s)

Rashi Gahlaut

Yes, file a case before the consumer forum soon.

Ravindra Purohit

You have to give all documents relating to the deal. Send notice and file case in consumer forum.

Need Free Legal Advice?

Find, consult & hire best advocates in India in a few clicks.

Need Legal Agreements?

Create affidavits, contracts etc. online, within minutes.