What Should Be Done In The Case Of Tax Evasion By A Hospital?

I am working in a private hospital and TDS has been deducted from my salary. However, the management has neither credited the tax to the I-T department nor has it issued my form 16A. What should I do?
Posted 1 year ago  |    0  | 
Taxation & Duty
Taxation & Duty

1 Answer(s)

Deepika Gill

You can view your tax credit on form 26AS on the I-T department's website before taking any step. If the tax has been deducted and not deposited, then first send a letter, through registered post, to the hospital to file a "correction statement" at the earliest. In case no action is taken by the hospital, write to the I-T department.

Top Taxation & Duty Lawyers In India

Have an urgent need? Talk to a lawyer directly.

Need Free Legal Advice?

Find, consult & hire best advocates in India in a few clicks.

Need Legal Agreements?

Create affidavits, contracts etc. online, within minutes.