Arrest and Warrants,Bail
498A arrest warrant issued
My wife has been staying away from me in Kolkata and I am in New Delhi. She registered 498A against me a year ago. However, the document / application was sent on some address where I was earlier staying with her and now I have relocated to different address. So, I did not receive the court application and it got returned to Kolkata session court couple of times. I have also changed my job and my wife is not aware of the new one. Now last week, court has issued arrest warrant against me. I would like to know what should I do?Can police trace me ? Shall I apply for anticipatory bail? Please help me.
By  Sameer Kedia  |  11 Mar 2016  |  Upvotes: 0  | 

1 Answer(s)

Ravindra Purohit
Apply for anticipatory bail. You can say to the court that your address was changed due to the change of job. Hence you did not know about the case. So because of this ground you may get anticipatory bail.
Upvotes: 0  |  Downvotes: 0  |  Comments  | 
Login to comment

Consult A Lawyer
Starting INR 750

Draft Your Own Legal Docs
Starting INR 25

Get Quote For My Requirement