Can A Woman File A Rape Case Against Her Husband Who Had Sent Back To Her Home After Marriage?

I was having an affair with a boy. I filed a complain against the boy. We compromised and we got married. After marriage we went for our honeymoon. After that his family sent me home and now the boy and his family are saying that they don't want to keep me. Can I file rape case? What all can I do?
Posted 1 year ago  |    0  | 
Divorce & Alimony,Family Law
Divorce & Alimony Family Law

1 Answer(s)

Prateek Kumar

You cannot file rape case, however you can file complaint u/s 498 A (cruelty against woman by her husband or his relatives), 406, 323-326 (depending if any hurt caused to you by them), 506 (criminal intimidation), many more sections depending on their behaviour towards you. If a man does intercourse with his wife during seperation its an offence, and intercourse against the order of nature is also an offence.

Top Family Law Lawyers In India

Have an urgent need? Talk to a lawyer directly.

Need Free Legal Advice?

Find, consult & hire best advocates in India in a few clicks.

Need Legal Agreements?

Create affidavits, contracts etc. online, within minutes.