What Can I Do If Police Comes To Arrest Me On False Complaint?

Suppose on false complaint police is supposed to come and arrest me. How can I save myself under provision of law assuming I have no prior preparation of protecting myself?
Posted 1 year ago  |    0  | 
Criminal Defense,Default/Fraud,General Legal
Criminal Defense Default/Fraud General Legal

2 Answer(s)

Vishal Kumar Thakur

As soon as possible you need to apply for anticipatory bail before the Court, where your jurisdiction lies. After that file a cross FIR against the Complainant for your defence.

Rashi Gahlaut

Legally police cannot arrest any person without there being sufficient ground for it or say evidence against you for being involved in a crime.

If at all you are arrested then you will be produced before the court of Metropolitan Magistrate and you may put your plea to him in form of a bail application. The Court after that will decide if you required to be detained in any custody or may be released on bail.

For false arrest you may also seek damages. If you are apprehensive that you may be arrested in a particular case, whether false or otherwise, you may also move the court for seeking anticipatory bail.

Top Default/Fraud Lawyers In India

Have an urgent need? Talk to a lawyer directly.

Need Free Legal Advice?

Find, consult & hire best advocates in India in a few clicks.

Need Legal Agreements?

Create affidavits, contracts etc. online, within minutes.