What should I do while renting my property to someone?
What should I do to make sure that if I rent my property to someone, as to make it safe. The rent would be around Rs.15,000/- per month.
By  Sushmita .  |  09 Dec 2016  |  Upvotes: 1  | 

2 Answer(s)

Prateek Kumar

The Delhi Rent Control Act, 1988 was primarily in acted to safeguard the interest of the tenant . However after the amendment made in the Delhi Rent Control Act, in the 1988 the provisions was made that in case the tenancy is over Rs. 3,500/-, the provisions of the Delhi Rent Control Act, 1958 would not to be applicable. In the eventuality the person is governed by the normal loss relating to the contract between the party and in a tenancy said law is defined under the Transfer of Property Act. There can be no provision or term in a lease deed which can secured you 100%. However the violating of the property if the would be appropriating better if the rent is kept above Rs. 3,500/-, so that the tenant is not entitled to the protection under Delhi Rent Control Act. If the lease is to be executed for a more than a period, the same is bound under law to be register under Indian Registration Act. and if your are executing a lease over one year you should get the register otherwise the terms of the lease cannot be led as evidence in the court . Even if you write all the request terms, the tenant can still refused to vacant at the end of the tenancy in which eventuality you will have no option but to proceed to the court for eviction of the tenant which normally take a few years, however the precaution which can be taken if that is a good amount can be kept as security and further a clause should be incorporated in lease deed specifying a huge amount as damages in the even talk the tenant willing to vacate the premises.

Upvotes: 0  |  Downvotes: 0  |  Comments  | 
Login to comment
Amarnath Sanyal

As you have not disclosed you location so it is not possible for a lawyer to say exactly what you have to do as different State of India has separate Tenancy Law. So. in general advice, I will suggest you to make Lease Agreement and get it registered or Execute an Agreement for Leave and License for 11 months only.

For further consultation in details you can contact me

Upvotes: 0  |  Downvotes: 0  |  Comments  | 
Login to comment

Consult A Lawyer
Starting INR 750

Draft Your Own Legal Docs
Starting INR 25

Get Quote For My Requirement