To start an online homemade delivery business. Legally You will be required to do the following :-
- Incorporate a business structure- there are five kind of business structure- proprietorship, limited liability partnership(LLP), one person company, partnership and company (private and public) choose one of these which suits you the best.
- Trademark Registration- if you want your business to stand out, get your trademarks registered. Though it’s not compulsory.
- Food safety & standards Act,2006- you will have to register and get your licences under the same. https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/index.aspx
- Shops and establishments Act- if you plan to start an office, you will have to get yourself registered under it.
- VAT registration- if your annual turnover crosses 5 lakhs per annum, you will be required to get VAT registration. But keep in mind GST will be enforced soon, so you may require another licence later on.
- Service Tax- if your annual sales crosses 10 lakhs per annum you will have to get a registration done under the same.
- Labour licence- if you employ more than 10 people, you will require licences under industrial dispute act and various other labour laws. See, if you get qualified as a startup, because govt has exempted startups for 3 years to comply with labour laws.
- Outsourcing delivery- if you are going to outsource your delivery, do enter into vendor contract.
That’s all for now. All the best for your endeavour.